Public Potassium Iodide Information

Radsafers,

Recent growing public interest in KI, fueled by NRC discussions
and media coverage of it, along with Y2K concerns of increased
nuclear accident and/or terrorism vulnerabilities, has pointed
up the lack of reliable KI information, readily accessible by
the public.

As an initial draft to bring together on one FAQ page the
answers to the typical questions the general public might ask,
I recently put up the Potassium Iodide Radiation Protection FAQ.

http://www.ki4u.com/

This is an ongoing research project that I am committed to
assuring is both accurate and comprehensive with practical
KI information appropriate for the general public.

However, I admittedly do not possess the credentials,
nor the experience, of many regulars here on this list.

Before this FAQ possibly has a wider net audience, I am
inviting comments and/or suggestions from any here who are
so inclined to review it and share their thoughts.

This KI FAQ page holds the potential to do much good, but
not if it inadvertently propagates anything potentially
misleading or, by omission, fails to tell the 'whole story'.

I'm eager to modify and 'fine-tune' it, wherever indicated.

I appreciate and look forward to any and all critique offered,
either here at RADSAFE or via my e-mail at webmaster@ki4u.com.

Best Regards,
Shane Connor