RE: Zn-65 Factsheet

Rick

Last year I ordered (from England) the  Radionuclide and Radiation
Protection Data Handbook (Radiation Protection Dosimetry Vol.76 Nos. 1-2,
1998) published by Nuclear Technology Publishing ISBN 1 870965 51 5 (price $
66.50 U.S.) Thin little book, but packed with useful info and well worth the
price..  The Handbook has become my most used reference.  It is very nicely
organized, one page per radionuclide, with the usual information about T1/2,
emissions and energies, but also gives dose rate data (mSv/MBq) for
realistic external exposure scenarios (point source at 30 cm, 10 ml glass
vial at 100 cm, extremity contact around the exterior of a 50 ml glass
beaker and  a 5 ml plastic syringe), along with shielding material &
thickness recommendations. It  provides dose rate (mSv/hr) data for skin
contamination - both uniformly distributed (1 kBq.cm^2) and hot particle (1
kBq in 0.05 ml droplet), as well as internal (inhalation, ingestion)
exposure data and ALI info.  All immensely practical stuff and easy to read
as well.  I highly recommend this one  for any hospital or academic RSO's
bookshelf.

I will fax you a copy of the ZN-65 fact sheet if you send me your fax number
- I assume the one you posted is your voice phone #.

Karin

Karin Gordon
Radiation Safety Officer
Health Sciences Centre