Sr-90 and Millstone reactor

Nov. 4

	Bruce Heinmiller wrote: "I believe Millstone, for example, (one of the
power plants cited in the Tooth Fairy Project) has reported not detecting
Sr-89 in milk sourced around Millstone, but my source of this information
is indirect.  Can anyone verify this?"

	This is dated (1982) but Samuel McCracken presents a lucid critique of
Ernest Sternglass' claims about Sr-90 near Millstone in "The War Against
the Atom" (pp. 122-33).  McCracken presents graphs of cancer mortality
around Millstone, and of Sr-90 levels in milk at various distances from
Millstone.  He describes in some detail Sternglass' stupendous capacity for
manipulating facts and data.

Steven Dapra
Albuquerque, NM

sjd@iolnm.net