Counting Sadistics

One of my favorite subjects is counting statistics - or "sadistics" as I
affectionately call them.  When calculating the total DAC-Fraction for a
mixture, the ratios of the concentration of the particular radionuclide and
its corresponding DAC are summed.  My question   -   If the result for a
particular radionuclide is negative or less than the critical level how are
you dealing with this when summing the ratios?

This would also apply to bioassay results, etc..

Randy Redmond
Lockheed Martin Energy Systems
P.O. Box 2009
Bldg.  9769,  MS 8081