RE: Long Island cancer? (Newsweek)

The Newsweek statement, "They have found that levels are as high as during
the 1950s...", implies that the current mean level of Sr-90 in teeth is
similar to the mean level during the 1950s, and is at odds with statements
made even by RPHP in their earlier buffoonery.  So in preparation of this
Newsweek article someone, either RPHP or Newsweek, has misrepresented the
current levels claimed by RPHP.

As to the RPHP claim of a statistical correlation between the levels of
Sr-90 and the incidence of RMS, and their characterization of this as an
epidemic, there are two obvious questions left unanswered by Newsweek:

1) Would the delivered dose implied by the reported levels of Sr-90 be high
enough to explain the purported increase in RMS? [No.]
2) Was there a world-wide epidemic of RMS in the 1950s and 1960s? [I'll
guess No.]

Bruce Heinmiller CHP
heinmillerb@aecl.ca