From: William V Lipton [mailto:liptonw@dteenergy.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 1999 8:29 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Re: RADSAFE digest 2753

I agree that the nuclear industry is held to a higher standard than
virtually
any other endeavor in the history of civilization.  You could say that we
brought this on ourselves, with LNT.  (This was convenient when there was
unlimited funding and we wanted to increase health physics employment.  It's
too
late to take it back, now that circumstances have changed.)  Also, the first
widely known use of nuclear technology was as a weapon.  (What if the
electric
chair had been used before the electric light  bulb?)

Regardless of the reasons, this is a fact of life.  We have to learn to live
with this, or we'll go out of business.  Complaining and denial only make
things
worse.

It's not about dose, it's about trust.

Bill Lipton