HP vacancy at NIST

The following announcement is accessible at
http://nvl.nist.gov/pub/nistpubs/calendars/

Supervisory Health Physicist
Open: 11/10     Close: 11/26
Division: 354.02
Grade-Series-Pay: ZP-1306-IV
Salary Range: $58,027 - $89,142
Announcement Number: NIST-3183/RM

As an unofficial addition to the above I offer the following personal
observations...
The NIST HP group consists of two major sections, one which covers the
reactor and the other which covers the rest of the site's activities
(by-product, x-rays, lasers, accelerators, calibration activities, etc.)
This vacancy is for the supervisor of the site group (the lab / accelerator
group), which currently consists of 3 HPs and two techs.  The current staff
is an outstanding group of people (I would say this even if they were not
RADSAFE readers), and the people we work with are national recognized
scientists.  NIST is really a great place to work.

NIST is located about 10 miles outside the Washington D.C. beltway in
suburban Maryland.  One downside is that this is one of the more expensive
places to live in the U.S. (but not as bad as the Calif. bay area or Hawaii).

Please direct your queries to the personnel office(see web site for info).
I am prohibited from handling inquiries.  Also be aware that the submission
deadline is firm.

Disclaimer:  the above are the personal musings of the author, and do not
represent any past, present, or future position of NIST, the U.S. government,
or anyone else who might think that they are in a position of authority.
Lester Slaback, Jr.  [Lester.Slaback@NIST.GOV]
NBSR Health Physics
Center for Neutron Research
NIST