RE: Science textbooks

Radsafers,

Per Ryan Alexander's earlier RADSAFE comment:

"As a husband of a middle school science teacher, I'm just appalled by my
wife's stories and examples of what I call "scientific ignorance and
mis-information" passed on by ... textbook authors ... to the children she's
trying to teach."

The Health Physics Society's Public Education Committee is currently
gathering forces and making plans to begin reviewing science textbooks and
providing publishers/authors with constructive feedback.  If you're
interested in joining this crusade, please E-mail me directly [not RADSAFE]
at the E-mail address below.

Dare to be great!  Here's an opportunity for all us nitpickers to help
ensure they don't use "insure" when they mean "assure"!  Fight innumeracy!
Send me a note if you're interested and together we'll storm the barricades
of ignorance.

Ben Edwards
HPS Public Education Committee
bee6783@glaxowellcome.com