From: Jack & Kris Patterson [mailto:jack.kris.patterson@erols.com]
Sent: Sunday, November 14, 1999 8:00 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Airport x-ray exposure study

After posting a reply regarding x-rays and computers, it occurred to me
that the health physics community can perform a public service.

If any of you have measured the typical dose from an airport baggage
x-ray unit, please send me the information and I will develop a fact
sheet regarding the issue of radiation exposure at airports.

The information I would need is:
Manufacturer, model No and SN of scanner.
Manufacturer, model No, SN and calibration date of survey meter.
Airport, date of survey, person performing survey.
Conditions of survey (meter alone, meter in/next to luggage).  A
carry-on full of clothing would make a good "reference standard".

I will publish the results and make it available on the web after the
information is compiled.  This could be a useful public information
tool.

Please respond to my personal e-mail using
jack.kris.patterson@erols.com.

Jack Patterson, CHP