Re: Atomic vet doses

Mary Jo McGrath wrote:

> Speaking of Veterans Day and Vets...I want to offer the
> following story.  It is sobering.
> MJ

[Hanoi Jane Urban legend deleted]

This story resurfaces ever so often.  it went around
rec.aviation.military about 2 months ago.  It is completely and
totally false, with the exception of Hanoi Jane giving aid and
comfort to the enemy, of course.  The soldiers whose names have been
used in this story have issued statements begging people to quit
spreading this urban legend.  Their opinions, which I agree with,
are that when this easily proven false story is revealed to be
false, the credibility gap tends to dilute the evil of what Hanoi
Jane really did.  I seem to have lost the address but there is a web
site out there dealing with this.  Please do at least a cursory fact
check before spreading these sorts of rumors, particularly when it
is so off-charter to this list.

John

(PS:  Thanks, Dad, and all the other vets out there.  We really do
thank you!)

--
John De Armond
johngdSPAMNOT@bellsouth.net