Re: Educational "Nuclear Wall Chart" for schools

Nov. 30

	Franz Schoenhofer asked why the Nuclear Wall Chart was available for sale
only to certified science teachers, and home schools.

	If you go to the wall chart link
<http://user88.lbl.gov/NSD_docs/abc/wallchart.html> and scroll down a short
distance you will find a link to the seller (Science Kit)
<http://user88.lbl.gov/NSD_docs/abc/wallchart.html>.

	The first thing you read on this page is:

	"Science Kit is a leading supplier of science materials and equipment to
science teachers throughout the United States. Please note that we only
send catalogs and other materials to certified science teachers and home
schoolers. Thank you."

	To emphasize their point, the words "Please . . . schoolers." are in red
letters.  I construed this as meaning the Chart was only available for sale
to certified science teachers and home schoolers.

	This is Science Kits' policy; why I don't know.  I seems to me it would
cut into their income, but . . .

Steven Dapra
sjd@iolnm.net