Thank you

Hello,

     I wanted to thank everyone for all the help.  I received over 100
start such a debate but I learned a lot about how your profession views
the media.  A good friend of mine is attending McMaster University and
is in the Engineering Physics program.  He has helped me understand some
of the information. He also has a lot to say about the way the media
covers the nuclear power industry since he is from Deep River, Ontario
and his father worked at the Chalk River Nuclear Laboratories. I thought
his eyes were going pop out of the sockets when I told him what I asked
all of you.
     My point is that I have learned a lot in the last few weeks and my
project has taken a totally different direction than I originally
anticipated.  I have also thought about the impact I have on my reader's
views and  how my own ignorance and bias can alter an article.  It is
really easy to misquote someone when you don't completely understand
what they are saying.  I guess journalists just don't want to look
stupid and don't realize that changing a few words will completely alter
the meaning of  your explanations.  It is not exactly a subject you can
learn about in a few days. After all, if we knew anything about science
we probably wouldn't be in journalism. :-)
     Thanks again for all the help.

Amanda Graham