From: Edward John Oconnell [mailto:eoconnell@notes.cc.sunysb.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 1999 9:15 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Use of accelerant in cement - re: accelerator shield wall

Comments requested: Any experience re: the  use of accelerants in cement for
quicker set-up time.  We are running into some weather and contract
schedule
problems on our new U. Hospital medical accelerator project.  So the use of
an
accelerant is being floated.  I would prefer --" plastic tents with portable
heaters at this point."  I think accelerants have only been used for about 8
years ...  not much of a performance history there. If you have dealt with
this
issue I would appreciate your input.

Thanks,

E. J. O'Connell