RE: Educational "Nuclear Wall Chart" for schools

Dec. 1

	On Dec. 1, David N. Neil wrote:

	"I expect that the original policy was "certified science teachers only",
and the home school groups pitched a fit until they were included."

	This seems a little heavy-handed doesn't it?  Why shouldn't parents who
are conscentious or dedicated enough to educate their children at home have
access to the same schooling aids that are available to children who are
educated in tax-funded schools?

	I don't want to start a thread on this, or send us off-topic, but it is a
well-established fact that overall home-schooled children score better on
the SAT and do better in college than do children from tax-funded schools.
This has even been reported in the secular press, which tends to take an
anti-home and -private school slant.

	I have a lot of respect for parents who make the sacrifices to educate
their children at home, or send them to private schools.  I even know some
personally, and I've never seen any of them 'pitch a fit' about anything.

Steven Dapra
sjd@iolnm.net