Re: GM Calibration Question

The standard rules I have always used are:
(1) the orientation of the probe to the calibration
beam (field) is the same as the orientation normally
used in actual surveying regardless of the detector
type, and
(2) GM detectors are very energy dependent, when
attempting to use them for exposure measurements
(mR/hr) and must be calibrated with a radiation
source, as near as possible, to the radiation you
expect to use the detector with.