Re: Fierce Storm Hits Denmark, Sweden - nuke plant shuts down

>Officials said the shutdown of the reactor at the Barsebaeck power
>plant in southern Sweden was routine because of a short circuit
>outside the structure and did not pose a safety threat.

The other Barsebaeck unit was shut down 3 days ago for political reasons
alone. From now and on we only have 11 NPPs (our population is something
like 8.8 million). This is a cold country -many of us are not happy with the
winters here (my next vacation will probably be somewhere in the English
speaking roachbelt late January or so). If temp. drops too much now we may
have to import electricity from the graphite moderated reactors east of
Sweden - that has happened before.

Obviously my personal opinions and reflections,

Bjorn Cedervall   bcradsafers@hotmail.com