Re: new ecological phenomenon

Michael,

It probably is an offshoot of the "super" qualities that radiation has
given many super-heroes, esp. Spiderman, who, I,m sure you recall, got his
special abilities through a bite from a radioactive spider!  Thus, to be
bitten by a radioactive owl is to become super smart.  I love the
descriptive extension.  Is there a storyline in the idea of being bitten by
a radioactive vampire? or ant? or eagle?

Bob

At 05:10 AM 12/6/99 -0600, you wrote:
>This comment appeared in my recently received Dilbert newsletter:
>
>"You're so smart, you must have been bitten by a radioactive owl."
>
>Does Scott Adams know something I don't?  Anyone have a reference on why
>this works?  I could use the help.
>
>(No, I'm not serious.  Of course I could use the help, but....)
>
>I thought this was an interesting comment to post, but let's not let it get
>out of hand on the list.  Most commentary should probably be kept off-list.
>

>Michael Stabin
>Departamento de Energia Nuclear/UFPE
>Av. Prof. Luiz Freire, 1000 - Cidade Universitaria
>CEP 50740 - 540
>Recife - PE
>Brazil
>Phone 55-81-271-8251 or 8252 or 8253