Not just yellow snow anymore (fwd)

DAN L. MARX
dmarx01@baker.edu

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 20:06:47 -0500
From: Dan Marx <dmarx01@baker.edu>
To: MEDPHYS@cwis-20.wayne.edu
Subject: Not just yellow snow anymore

During the recent completeion of a Nuclear Cardiology Physics Lab, one of
the 3rd year Cardiology Fellows asked what made Cardiolite yellow.
Needless to say, this was a strange question, but when you consider how
much training cardiologist get in radiation protection during there
training, it is understandable.( thats the best answer I have).  After we
have had the group of Fellows milk generators,etc, my collegue and I
couldn't figure out where the issue of yellow Cardiolite actually came from.
Finally, it was noted that the syringe shield was a yellow
plexiglass material.  Atleast the Cardiology Fellow was being observant.
In Michigan we have always been told not to eat the yellow snow, now we
have something else to worry about.(tongue planted firmly in cheek)
This is a true story.

regards

DAN L. MARX
dmarx01@baker.edu