RE: Ancient radiation levels were higher than today's levels

Am I out-of-date on natural radiation dose?  The latest UNSCEAR estimate I
have is two-thirds of the datum quoted here, and even that's rumoured to be
coming down by another 10% or so, largely because of a revision in the dose
coefficient for radon.  I assume the quantity of interest is the
world-population average effective dose from natural sources, including
natural but anthropologically enhanced indoor radon and direct enhanced
exposures from building materials and other minor NORM.  I believe that's
what UNSCEAR considers.

Bruce Heinmiller CHP
heinmillerb@aecl.ca