RE: Cool Fact: Radioactive People

As a follow-up to this and previous emails on two related topics, I note two
things:

One is that "Americans" should be substituted for "humans" below, for the 3-
to 4-mSv dose to be substantiated.

The other is that one of the links propagates the myth of 1 mrem/year from
spousal irradiation.  Even discounting shielding from other radiation
(which, as Dan Strom illustrated, you can't properly ignore), this would be
in error by more than an order-of-magnitude.

Bruce Heinmiller CHP
heinmillerb@aecl.ca