RE: Missouri Coalition for the Environment

Thanks, Jeffrey, for publishing this.  We are supporting some meetings for
NRC on testing and modeling how spent fuel transportation casks respond to
severe accidents ("Modal Study II" for those who know about the Modal
Study). A number of knowledgeable people (both pro- and anti-nuke) were
invited to the public meetings we had.   Some anti-nuke groups have already
taken this on (e.g., Public Citizen's web page).  Transcripts of two of the
three public meetings are on the study's web page:
http:///ttd.sandia.gov/nrc/modal.htm.  I would like to encourage RADSAFERs
to access the web page and send us comments via the web page email.  All
comments will be considered and responded to, and posted on the web page in
some form.

Thanks for your attention to this.

Ruth F. Weiner, Ph. D.
Sandia National Laboratories