Re: Strontium eye applicator

At 10:18 PM 12/22/1999 -0600, mark sasser wrote:

>why do you want to use it on a poor animal! If you
>want know the Effects Use your self. do you ask the
>animal if he wants to be used on Him? I am sorry... I
>feel for you!

>--- marvinturkanis@alum.mit.edu wrote:
>> Looking for a strontium-90 applicator with an
>> intensity for 2500 -3500 cGy for veterinary ocular
>> use.
December 23, 1999
Davis, CA

I believe that the applicator is used for treatment of serious pathological
conditions such as melanoma of the eye. In people melanoma of the eye is
routinely treated with high energy proton beams. This beats surgical
removal of the affected eye.

Otto

		Prof. Otto G. Raabe, Ph.D., CHP
              Institute of Toxicology & Environmental Health (ITEH)
		   (Street address: Building 3792, Old Davis Road)
		University of California, Davis, CA 95616
		Phone: 530-752-7754  FAX: 530-758-6140
		E-mail ograabe@ucdavis.edu