RE: irradiator

Here at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, we have two Gammacell 1000
irradiators, and they both came with a "handle" (seems more like a wrench to
me though) to crank the chamber open if necessary.  We have used it several
times in the past 10 years I have been here.   About 2 years ago, we
misplaced one of the wrenches, and we called manufacturer MDS Nordion to
have them send us another one.  You can call them at 1-800-465-3666.  The
wrench shouldn't be too expensive, and whatever the cost it is well worth
the money when it is needed.

Steven Alford, M.S.
Radiation Safety Officer
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute