[ RadSafe ] RE: Traveling After Nuclear Medicine Procedure

alstonchris at netscape.net alstonchris at netscape.net
Tue Aug 2 13:13:59 CDT 2005

Folks

For sure, the pt should have some kind of explanatory document, from Nuc Med (preferably), or the referring doc, on his/her person, for as long as deemed necessary.  This is a standard recommendation of the Society of Nuc Med.  Myself, I don't see that there's a HIPAA issue, since it's the pt's choice to carry, and display, the document.  But, each hospital's department of risk management/HIPAA compliance, whatever, should be able to vet this, no?

Cheers
cja

P.S.  There's also an article supporting this position in a July issue of The Lancet (I hear); I suppose that could have been the original source of the quotation.

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.