[ RadSafe ] Deputy RSO Sought

Chris Alston ALSTONCJ at gunet.georgetown.edu
Mon Aug 8 12:45:42 CDT 2005

Please do not respond to me.  Thank you.

Deputy Radiation Safety Officer
Georgetown University Hospital
Washington, DC - Full Time
We are seeking an individual to ensure radiation safety activities within designated area of responsibility are performed in accordance with approved procedures and requirements in the daily operation of GUH's byproduct material and ionizing radiation program.
Duties
· Provides general surveillance of radiation safety activities including personnel, facility and environmental monitoring
· Consults, evaluates, and monitors personnel on radiation protection and safety precautions
· Performs personnel management functions and staff accountability
· Evaluates personnel radiation exposure
· Reviews of inventory record systems, ionizing radiation producing equipment calibration, radioactive waste disposal program, and safety survey records..
· Assists Radiation Safety Officer in the development of safety programs and act as RSO in the absence of the RSO.
Requirements:
3-5 years of experience in management of radiation safety operations. Must be knowledgeable of radiation safety procedures, laws and regulatory requirements. Must have knowledge of : 10 CFR, 40 CFR, 49CFR, and District of Columbia Regulatory Agency (DCRA). Must meet training and experience criteria as outlined in subpart J, Part 35, Title 10, Code of Federal Regulations for a Radiation Safety Officer. Certification by the American Board of Health Physics, American Board of Radiology or equivalent required or licensure by a federal or District of Columbia agency to perform radiological safety assessments is preferred. Must have ability to carry and operate equipment, wear and operate respirators and other protective equipment. Position may be exposed to hazardous substances.
Benefits:
Generous benefits Tuition assistance Free shuttle from Metro stations
Apply online at:
http://www.georgetownuniversityhospital.org
Use quick find: "Careers"
Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

CONFIDENTIAL: The information contained in this transmission is confidential and is intended only for the individual or entity named above.  The information contained in this transmission may be protected under federal or other applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient of this transmission, you are hereby notified that any distribution, dissemination or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error please return this transmission to me and notify me immediately by return e-mail.  THANK YOU.