[ RadSafe ] Re: "Science" reports on background radiation and health

Muckerheide, James jimm at WPI.EDU
Wed Aug 10 12:28:40 CDT 2005

John, Look below. It's in "Science."  He says:

"On the contrary, in some cases the individuals living in these HBRAs appear
to be even healthier and to live longer than those living in control areas
that are not classified as HBRAs."

Our experience in publishing our "Policy Forum" paper in "Science," and the
"Response to Comments," had peer-reviewers, starting with Phil Abelson(!),
and editorial reviewers, assuring that our statements were able to be
substantiated.  Of course, not all epi studies have the power to demonstrate
such results.

See the statements and endnotes in our "Science" paper and response to
comments also, by linking from the top-left column at:
http://cnts.wpi.edu/rsh/docs/

Regards, Jim Muckerheide