[ RadSafe ] Re: "Science" reports on background radiation and health

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 10 16:17:57 CDT 2005

Are they based on peer reviewed scientific studies, or
ancedotal stories?

Come on.  You charge that anti-nuclear people do not
use sound science.  Do you have any?

--- "Muckerheide, James" <jimm at WPI.EDU> wrote:

> John, Look below. It's in "Science."  He says:
>
> "On the contrary, in some cases the individuals
> living in these HBRAs appear
> to be even healthier and to live longer than those
> living in control areas
> that are not classified as HBRAs."
>
> Our experience in publishing our "Policy Forum"
> paper in "Science," and the
> "Response to Comments," had peer-reviewers, starting
> with Phil Abelson(!),
> and editorial reviewers, assuring that our
> statements were able to be
> substantiated.  Of course, not all epi studies have
> the power to demonstrate
> such results.
>
> See the statements and endnotes in our "Science"
> paper and response to
> comments also, by linking from the top-left column
> at:
> http://cnts.wpi.edu/rsh/docs/
>
> Regards, Jim Muckerheide

. . .

"Every now and then a man's mind is stretched by a new idea and never shrinks back to its original proportion." -- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist
e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com