[ RadSafe ] UN Report?

Kristian Ukkonen kristian.ukkonen at iki.fi
Tue Aug 23 05:38:42 CDT 2005

Roger Helbig wrote:
 > Does anyone on the list know about this report or the
 > individuals who made it?

 > "We are concerned about the situation at the Hadzici tank
 > repair facility and the Han Pijesak barracks," said Pekka
 > Haavisto, chairman of the U.N. agency's task force.
 >
 > The areas where radiation is detected should not be used
 > until the sites are decontaminated, Haavisto said.
 > -- The Associated Press

At least, Pekka Haavisto is a finnish politician who
is an extremely green, anti-nuclear person. He used to
be Finnish minister of environment, leader of Finnish
green party. He is actively involved in operation of
several Finnish activist organizations like Attac and
Maan ystävät (http://www.maanystavat.fi/english.php).
He was the leader of European green party etc.. He does
not mention ANY education in his CV/webpage nor in other
documents where others have titles with their names..

http://www.pekkahaavisto.com/cvinenglish.htm

I'll leave the obvious conclusion to the reader, especially
about his competence on the issue..