[ RadSafe ] TLD Glow Curve Question

Sandy Perle sandyfl at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 25 07:27:57 CDT 2005

On 25 Aug 2005 at 8:16, Falo, Gerald A Dr KADIX wrote:

> These discussions about background subtraction concerning TLDs and so
> on got me wondering about other spurious readings on TLDs. Do current
> TLD readers analyzed the glow curve itself to detect anomalies that
> would indicate and non-radiation related result? I recall some work
> from the mid-1980s that showed glow curves from impacts, sweat, soap,
> etc., but I don't recall if glow curve anomalies were used to
> discriminate against spurious readings.

Jerry,

Generally, one would use external software to assess glow curves for
specific anomalies, if that were desired. However, one can generally
determine an anomaly simply viewing the glow curve without the need
for glow curve deconvolution.

Regards,

Sandy
Sandy Perle
Senior Vice President, Technical Operations
Global Dosimetry Solutions, Inc.
2652 McGaw Avenue
Irvine, CA 92614

Tel: (949) 296-2306 / (888) 437-1714 Extension 2306
Fax:(949) 296-1144

Global Dosimetry Website: http://www.dosimetry.com/
Personal Website: http://sandy-travels.com/