[ RadSafe ] TLD Glow Curve Question

Falo, Gerald A Dr KADIX Jerry.Falo at us.army.mil
Thu Aug 25 07:16:39 CDT 2005

Hi all,

These discussions about background subtraction concerning TLDs and so on
got me wondering about other spurious readings on TLDs. Do current TLD
readers analyzed the glow curve itself to detect anomalies that would
indicate and non-radiation related result? I recall some work from the
mid-1980s that showed glow curves from impacts, sweat, soap, etc., but I
don't recall if glow curve anomalies were used to discriminate against
spurious readings.

Thanks,
Jerry
________________________________

The statements and opinions expressed herein are my responsibility; no
one else (certainly not my employer) is responsible, but I still reserve
the right to make mistakes.

Don't panic! - Douglas Adams in "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

Gerald A. Falo, Ph.D., CHP
Kadix Systems
U.S. Army Center for Health Promotion and Preventive Medicine - Health
Physics Program
jerry.falo at us.army.mil
410-436-4852