[ RadSafe ] Central Dose registry

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 25 07:45:27 CDT 2005

One of the largest pool of radiation workers are those
who work in medical facilities.  Does anyone know of a
registry for such workers?

--- Sandy Perle <sandyfl at earthlink.net> wrote:

> On 22 Aug 2005 at 12:39, Frikkie Beeslaar wrote:
>
> > How do they do it in other countries?
>
> Hi Frikkie,
>
> Just returned home and can provide you with some
> information.
>
> (1) Canada and the UK have a Centralized Registry,
> primarily for
> specific class of radiation workers. In the UK they
> are called
> Classified Workers, and in Canada, they are those
> that come under the
> regulatory authority of the CNSC, or the specific
> Provinces, and, the
> individual must exceed a specific dose threshold.
>
> (2) In the USA there is the PADS system (Personnel
> Access Data
> System) and is used primarily for transient nuclear
> power reactor
> workers. This is not used for permanent staff.
>
> There are probably other registries but I don't have
> that information
> for you at this time. I can provide you with contact
> information for
> the UK and Canada if you would like.
>
> Regards,
>
> Sandy

> Sandy Perle
> Senior Vice President, Technical Operations
> Global Dosimetry Solutions, Inc.
> 2652 McGaw Avenue
> Irvine, CA 92614
>
> Tel: (949) 296-2306 / (888) 437-1714 Extension 2306
> Fax:(949) 296-1144
>
> Global Dosimetry Website: http://www.dosimetry.com/
> Personal Website: http://sandy-travels.com/

"Every now and then a man's mind is stretched by a new idea and never shrinks back to its original proportion." -- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist
e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com