[ RadSafe ] Central Dose registry

parthasarathy k s ksparth at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Aug 25 23:05:02 CDT 2005

In India, there is a central dose registry maintained by Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC); doses to workers in medical, industrial, nuclear and research fields are entered separately.
The service is provided by two private vendors and by BARC. Data are available from late fifties

K.S.Parthasarathy
John Jacobus <crispy_bird at yahoo.com> wrote:
One of the largest pool of radiation workers are those
who work in medical facilities. Does anyone know of a
registry for such workers?

--- Sandy Perle wrote:

> On 22 Aug 2005 at 12:39, Frikkie Beeslaar wrote:
>
> > How do they do it in other countries?
>
> Hi Frikkie,
>
> Just returned home and can provide you with some
> information.
>
> (1) Canada and the UK have a Centralized Registry,
> primarily for
> specific class of radiation workers. In the UK they
> are called
> Classified Workers, and in Canada, they are those
> that come under the
> regulatory authority of the CNSC, or the specific
> Provinces, and, the
> individual must exceed a specific dose threshold.
>
> (2) In the USA there is the PADS system (Personnel
> Access Data
> System) and is used primarily for transient nuclear
> power reactor
> workers. This is not used for permanent staff.
>
> There are probably other registries but I don't have
> that information
> for you at this time. I can provide you with contact
> information for
> the UK and Canada if you would like.
>
> Regards,
>
> Sandy

> Sandy Perle
> Senior Vice President, Technical Operations
> Global Dosimetry Solutions, Inc.
> 2652 McGaw Avenue
> Irvine, CA 92614
>
> Tel: (949) 296-2306 / (888) 437-1714 Extension 2306
> Fax:(949) 296-1144
>
> Global Dosimetry Website: http://www.dosimetry.com/
> Personal Website: http://sandy-travels.com/

"Every now and then a man's mind is stretched by a new idea and never shrinks back to its original proportion." -- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist
e-mail: crispy_bird at yahoo.com