[ RadSafe ] query

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 26 09:12:55 CDT 2005

Could it be that they are epidemiologists who have
looked at the data rather than just expressing their
opinions or beliefs?  Have you e-mailed or contacted
any of the members to ask them this question?

If you are presented with data to analysis, such as
the data reviewed by the BEIR committee, you might
come to the same conclusion they did.

A computer poll is just that: a computer poll.  No
science involved.

--- Bernard Cohen <blc+ at pitt.edu> wrote:

>     Considering the opinions expressed on Radsafe
> and in the recent poll
> on validity of LNT, I cannot help but wonder how all
> the members of the
> BEIR VII Committee could unanimously sign off on
> endorsing LNT. Can
> anyone offer an explanation for this? Does anyone
> know how members of
> the Committee were chosen? I cannot help but suspect
> that their favoring
> LNT was an element in their selection.

"Every now and then a man's mind is stretched by a new idea and never shrinks back to its original proportion." -- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist
e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com