AW: [ RadSafe ] query

Rainer.Facius at dlr.de Rainer.Facius at dlr.de
Fri Aug 26 12:17:19 CDT 2005

John:

The problem with the BEIR VII-2 epidemiologists is that - in the final analysis - they used ONLY the ATB survivor data discarding ALL (of mostly even their own) data regarding chronically exposed nuclear worker studies.

A 'best-fit' to these discarded data from a handful of the latest large worker studies which together rival the person-years in the ATB data would result in a no-effect fit, i.e. a threshold up to give and take 500 mSv. The only other truly chronically exposed population, the Swedish haemangioma breast cancer data have been blatantly misrepresented in the dose range hat counts for protection purposes. In fact, a negative slope here would yield the 'best-fit'. All of these statements can be checked by yourself. No higher mathematics needed, just copies of the original papers and a little bit stamina.

Kind regards, Rainer