[ RadSafe ] More Fed agency promulgation of radiophobia

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 26 15:07:35 CDT 2005

Jim,
So, what are you going to do about this besides
posting this article to this list server?  How will
this change the response of the authorities?

--- "Muckerheide, James" <jimm at WPI.EDU> wrote:

> Friends,
>
> Here is report of more Federal bureaucracy fostering
> public fear of
> radiation.  This requires the BEIR VII report to
> claim that any small amount
> of radiation has adverse health effects, by
> misrepresenting data, and
> suppressing contradictory data.
>
> Our responsible industry and government authorities
> need to develop and
> establish the institutional basis to question these
> results.  (It was
> disheartening to see Homeland Security abandon its
> conclusions on protecting
> the public based on radiation health effects
> evidence to 'guidance' from EPA,
> NCRP et al., including FDA and as here, ATSDR.)
>
> Obviously, no credible "science" or scientists
> influence these results!
>
> (Note: I am an Idaho Hanford 'downwinder' - Moscow,
> 1946-49 :-)
>
> Regards, Jim Muckerheide
>
> ===================
>

> BoiseWeekly: Lesson One: Don't Say "Fallout
> Shmallout"
>
> [BoiseWeekly]
>
> AUGUST 24, 2005
>
> BY NICHOLAS COLLIAS
>
> Last year, Idaho leapt to the forefront of the
> debate over
> whether the federal government should compensate
> former victims
> of nuclear fallout from radioactive tests and
> emissions (BW,
> "The Low Use Segment," November 17, 2004). And while
> the
> government has still not accepted full
> responsibility-at least
> by way of compensation-in heavily effected states
> like Idaho,
> Wyoming and Washington, at least it's trying to help
> doctors
> deal with its mess.

"Every now and then a man's mind is stretched by a new idea and never shrinks back to its original proportion." -- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist
e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com