[ RadSafe ] RE: More Fed agency promulgation of radiophobia

Marcel Schouwenburg M.Schouwenburg at TNW.TUDelft.NL
Mon Aug 29 01:41:48 CDT 2005

Posted on behalf of Y.C. Luan.

Jim:

 I was busy in  preparing and attending the conferences in Mass
University, USA  and McMASTER University in Canada, and unfortune
suffering some sickness, but I still think I should response to your
this massage on  more Fed agency promulgation of radiophobia, especially
when I learned that the US is planning to have more nuclear power plants.

I think all US Fed agencies on radiation regulation should
recognize that radiation harmful  to man was the acute radiation
received frrm the atomic explosion in Japan. Actually there are
no atomic bomb explosions today.The radiation people can receive
today is chronic radiation which is recieved slowly and in low dose rate
just same to the radiation received from the Co-60 comtaminated
apartmnets in Taiwan. The acute radiation can be only learned from the
data of RERF scientists studying on the Japanese Survivors who showed
that the doses they received can easyly increse leukemia also solid
cancers, that cause people always to fear of radiation, But In
fact, more than 99% of the survivors received the doses in <200 mSv in
the two atomic explosion, that could not have any excess solid cancer
even no leukemia to the survivors.

What about the  data of chronic radiation received  by the Co-60
contamination residents in Taiwan, though they have received quite
high doses  by the residents are beneficial to them, no excess
cancers,even  their sopntaneose cancers were prevented, and the chronic
radiation is just same as radiation received by the workers in the power
plants and public outside of the plants, only their  doses are
smmal, but till should be benefical to the workers and public.

I do not know why all Fed radiation regultaion concentrated the
radaition on  acute radiation from atomic bomb explosion , never  think
the radiation recevid slowly  and in low dose rate just in the Co-60
contamination in Taiwan. is any body will give some advie to the  US Fed
radiation regulation to thnk the safety this way?

Best regards

Y.C. Luan