[ RadSafe ] Depleted Uranium

blhamrick at aol.com blhamrick at aol.com
Mon Aug 29 20:07:24 CDT 2005

Note that 10 CFR 40.22 grants a General License for "commercial and industrial firms, research, educational and medical institutions and Federal, State and local government agencies to use and transfer not more than fifteen (15) pounds of source material at any one time for research, development, educational, commercial or operational purposes."  It is not meant for just anyone to possess, use or transfer, and General Licensees are still subject to certain regulations.

Barbara