[ RadSafe ] Depleted Uranium

James Salsman james at bovik.org
Tue Aug 30 01:31:55 CDT 2005

> Note that 10 CFR 40.22 grants a General License for
> "commercial  and industrial firms ... to use and
> transfer not more than fifteen (15) pounds of source
> material at any one time for research, development,
> educational, commercial or operational purposes."
> It is not meant for just anyone....

Well, great.  Jose Padilla and his friends will need to
spend the prohibitive sum of $45 at their County Clerk's
office in California in order to file a fictitious
business name statement, thereby becoming a bona fide
commercial firm legally able to possess uranium.

What fictitious name do you suppose they will choose?

How about "MUURDERD"? (Short for "Metropolitan Upwind
Uranium Research and Development for Easy Radiological
Dispersal")  Maybe "Molecular Uranyl Oxide Fumes 'R' Us"?

Sheesh.  Good thing we don't have too much government
regulation.  That would be terrible.

Sincerely,
James Salsman