[ RadSafe ] Activity question

jjcohen at prodigy.net jjcohen at prodigy.net
Fri Dec 16 18:09:33 CST 2005

Several years ago, we did a study for the NRC, that recommended that
anything <1.0 nci/g  (regardless of the radionuclides(s) involved) could be
considered "essentially not radioactive" for regulatory purposes. They did
not accept the recommendation, largely due to prevailing LNT beliefs. Just
out of curiosity,  does anyone know of any dire health and safety
consequence that might have resulted if this recommendation had been
implemented.