[ RadSafe ] Activity question

Glenn R. Marshall GRMarshall at philotechnics.com
Fri Dec 16 19:03:49 CST 2005

Probably because under the "old" U.S. DOT regulations (before
10/1/2004), anything over .002 uCi/g was considered radioactive material
for transportation purposes; material having a lower specific activity
was exempt from regulation as a hazardous material.  Of course use of
that limit today has no regulatory basis.

Glenn Marshall, CHP