[ RadSafe ] DOE warns CH2M Hill about exposure

John R Johnson idias at interchange.ubc.ca
Wed Jul 20 19:20:46 CDT 2005

Sandy et al

My "take" on the important point in Susan's message is "Managers running
around considering fining due to not following all of the site SOPs."

As an ex manager of radiation protection at sites in Canada and the US, I
think that this is very important.

If SOP are not followed, it means that the safety program is not being
followed, and that can lead to more problems than small doses.

The importanct thing is the "safty plan", not the details of it.

John