[ RadSafe ] Re: traveling after nucmed procedures

George J. Vargo vargo at physicist.net
Sat Jul 23 23:21:50 CDT 2005

Carol and List,

Thank you for speaking out on this.  I have found the  level of ignorance
among those authorized to administer diagnostic radionuclides to be utterly
appalling in many cases.  Patient information is nonexistent in many cases,
and some patients are given outright disinformation, which if submitted to a
regulator could be considered to be a material false statement.  I have
first hand experience that I can cite off-line.  Either the medical
community needs to raise the bar for minimum knowledge, skills, and ability,
or NRC needs to do it.  This cuts across both physicians and technologists.

Cheers!

George J. Vargo, Ph.D., CHP
Senior Scientist
MJW Corporation