[ RadSafe ] Traveling After Nuclear Medicine Procedure May not fly

Sandy Perle sandyfl at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 25 09:39:25 CDT 2005

On 25 Jul 2005 at 9:24, Peter.Vernig at med.va.gov wrote:

> Yes everything we can do in the form of a letter or card can be
> duplicated by a terrorist organization, to include a confirmation
> number.  Many of us provide them.  The HIPPA law may restrict
> confirmation of the information by hospital personnel.  I have been
> grappling with that problem.

Peter,

My issue has to do with what actions are taken if and when there is
an indication. In my opinion, this will never be solved since we have
too many entities that don't want government intervention, citing
"individual rights." I am all for rights, and all against government
intrusion. However, unless we start to treat this problem for the
problem it is, there will be more significant deaths. This is a no
brainer for me. Do we want to save lives, or, do we want to play this
game in the cemeteries, or, do we want to play this game in the media
and the courts.

-------------------------------------
Sandy Perle
Senior Vice President, Technical Operations
Global Dosimetry Solutions, Inc.
2652 McGaw Avenue
Irvine, CA 92614

Tel: (949) 296-2306 / (888) 437-1714  Extension 2306
Fax:(949) 296-1144

E-Mail: sperle at dosimetry.com
E-Mail: sandyfl at earthlink.net

Global Dosimetry Website: http://www.dosimetry.com/