[ RadSafe ] Re: [ RadSafe] What Became of this 2001 WHO Investigation?

Susan Gawarecki loc at icx.net
Mon Jul 25 18:56:22 CDT 2005

James,

I'm posting from the same address I've been using all along.  Hopefully
the list administrator can sort it out.

You seem to assume that all 400 tons of U munitions burned up.  NOT
TRUE.  Only the surficial layer of uranium vaporized.  Then it
immediatly reacted with oxygen in the air to form a stable oxide like
U3O8.  More likely the "pesticides, fertilizers, oil, gasoline and heavy
metals" contribute to birth defects, not to mention nutritional
deficiencies caused by loss of jobs and the war.  By the way, how good
is the birth defect data for Iraq--both recent and historical?  The
quality of the record keeping needs to be the same for the comparison to
be valid.

You are obsessive about UO2.  We're trying to tell you it's not the
problem, IT CAN'T POSSIBLY BE THE PROBLEM, if indeed there is a
problem.  This is a scientific question, but you have made it a
religion.  There are more important threats to human health where your
efforts would be much more productive, for example the fight against
malaria.

Susan Gawarecki