[ RadSafe ] LNT survey page

Bernard Cohen blc+ at pitt.edu
Wed Jul 27 10:39:26 CDT 2005

    ---Any survey in which participants are self selected is not a valid
scientific study. I hope it is obvious to all that any meaningful
scientific survey requires a random selection of participants. That is
why professional surveys are somewhat expensive. One of our local radio
stations conducts a survey on a different question every day in which
anyone can call in and vote, but they always state " this is not a
scientific survey but it is only intended to give listeners an
opportunity to express their opinions".