Fwd: RE: [ RadSafe ] Re: Serious reporting on Chernobyl - and the LNT

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 3 16:35:50 CST 2005

Howard,
Why are you sending this to me?  If you are so
concerned about what the Association of Catholic
Bishops is doing, write to them yourself.  You are a
physician and they need to hear YOUR expert advice.

--- howard long <hflong at pacbell.net> wrote:

> howard long <hflong at pacbell.net> wrote:Date: Thu, 3
> Nov 2005 10:48:57 -0800 (PST)
> From: howard long <hflong at pacbell.net>
> Subject: RE: [ RadSafe ] Re: Serious reporting on
> Chernobyl - and the LNT
> To: "Muckerheide, James" <jimm at WPI.EDU>
>
> Jim,
> Wouldn't you be the one to have the best effect
> (with your reference library)
> from forwarding this to the Assoc of Am Cath
> Bishops?
> Howard
>
> "Muckerheide, James" <jimm at WPI.EDU> wrote:
> Thank you Ludwig.
>
> It has seemed to me that, in addition to
> overestimating the number of thyroid
> cases due to inadequate consideration of the
> "screening effect" of
> identifying normally unidentified occult thyroid
> cancers, the "high dose"
> thyroid cases underestimate the dose due to the
> contribution from the
> short-lived radionuclides generated from the reactor
> excursions that
> generated a large inventory of short-lived
> radionuclides in the process of
> ejecting core materials directly to the environment
> (as reported in UNSCEAR
> 2000 Annex J), plus the question of any continuing
> criticality/fissioning
> during the 10 days of fires.
>
> Does anyone know of more info on these sources?
>
> Regards, Jim

On Oct. 5, 1947, in the first televised White House address, President Truman asked Americans to refrain from eating meat on Tuesdays and poultry on Thursdays to help stockpile grain for starving people in Europe.

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist
e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com