[ RadSafe ] Re: Fwd: Re: Hormesis mechanisms in vivo

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 3 16:40:24 CST 2005

Howard,
Why did you send this to me?  Are you claiming that
radiation can be used against allergies from pollen
and ragweed?  That certain is a new claim?  Do you
have any proof of this?

--- howard long <hflong at pacbell.net> wrote:

> howard long <hflong at pacbell.net> wrote:Date: Thu, 3
> Nov 2005 11:12:00 -0800 (PST)
> From: howard long <hflong at pacbell.net>
> Subject: Re: Hormesis mechanisms in vivo
> To: "Ludwig E. Feinendegen" <feinendegen at gmx.net>,
> "Muckerheide, James" <jimm at WPI.EDU>,
> "rad-sci-l at wpi.edu" <rad-sci-l at WPI.EDU>
>
> Allergy Treatmant Uses Hormesis.
>
> All physicians who use desensitization for allergy,
> use hormesis.
> We inject miniscule, increasing doses twice weekly
> of the same antigens (like pollen)
> which cause inflammation on application to skin
> scratch.
>
> Asthma and hayfever when found to be from a specific
> antigen (like walnut pollen in my case)
> are markedly relieved by this treatment, standard
> for half a century.
>
> With LNT, one would expect slight worsening of
> symptoms like wheeze or watery eyes,
> when low dose of the toxin is applied.
> Hormesis, not LNT, is the usual biologic response to
> toxins like radiation and pollen.
> Beir 7 procamation of LNT is like, "Flat earth!"
> Treat its advocates accordingly.
>
> Howard Long
>

>  <feinendegen at gmx.net> wrote:
> st1\:* {	BEHAVIOR: url(#default#ieooui)}Thanks, Jim.
> This is another encouraging paper and puts our work
> into broader perspectives.  All the best, Ludwig

On Oct. 5, 1947, in the first televised White House address, President Truman asked Americans to refrain from eating meat on Tuesdays and poultry on Thursdays to help stockpile grain for starving people in Europe.

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist
e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com