[ RadSafe ] CT Screening Detected Radiologist's Kidney Cancer Early

howard long hflong at pacbell.net
Sat Nov 5 12:49:23 CST 2005

From:"DR. GERALD LOONEY" <docger at hotmail.com>  Add to Address Book  Add Mobile Alert To:hflong at pacbell.netSubject:RE: CT screening of symptomless personsDate:Fri, 04 Nov 2005 21:36:04 -0800 [input]   [input]   [input]   [input]
Howard, there are a couple of Letters to New York Times and Wall Street Journal on this exact topic at   www.sepp.org/weekwas/2004/Sept.18htm   or you can do a search on my name and find other material.  John Jacobus is quoting party line, and it was party line which caused Nancy Greene's untimely death (I had her scheduled for a full-body scan in 2002 and her physicist friends in AFIO talked her out of it--until she finally became symptomatic nearly a year later, and the cancer had already spread beyond the bladder).  It is a red herring and really fishy to claim that the only motivation and justification to do CT screening is to make money for imaging radiologists.  That was the best money I ever spent, and now I can't get a followup scan because the screening CT clinic is closed.  Radiologists and Health Physicists are a PARADOX (MD+PhD) because they claim they are following PRIMUM NON NOCERE with their timid party line, and by that very act they are causing harm thru omission of
 low-level screening.  Please transmit my views to Dr. K.S.Parthasarathy and anyone else you think might be educable.  Gerry