[ RadSafe ] Re: Stopping "Al Queda in Iraq" Shields the USA from Radiation Attack

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 9 07:21:41 CST 2005

Howard,
Iraq did not and never had fission bombs.  Please try
to stay up to date.

--- howard long <hflong at pacbell.net> wrote:

> 1. "Radiation safety" in the USA in the next 10
> years is likely to include
> protecting the public from a radioactive bomb
> attack.
> This is the estimate of several commissions.
> 2. Others indicate Iraq and Iran as sources of
> fission bombs
> for terrorist groups like Al Queda in Iraq that have
> declared intent to use them here.
> 3. Current competition between USA regulatory
> agencies for clean-up standards
> (some to below background!) is likely to determine
> future employment of many
> Radsafe participants.
> 4. "Does 10 rad acute (more over a year) increase or
> decrease likelihood of cancer?" and
> "What is the likelihood of terrorists creating a
> preventable panic in the USA from radiation?"
> become important debates for any thinking Radsafe
> participant.
>
> Those who blindly follow orders of whichever agency
> has the most political clout
> will not trouble themselves.
>
> Howard Long
>
> John Jacobus <crispy_bird at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Khalid,
> I might suggest the use of the delete key for
> subjects
> that you might find inappropriate to RadSafe or are
> of
> no interest. There are many postings that I will
> delete when I open the message and see the substance
> of the first paragraph.
>
> I have read and posted on this list server many
> years.
> Many of the topics and questions reappear again and
> again. However, I have always found new things to
> learn, even if the subject itself is not what I
> would
> consider to be appropriate to the original purposes
> of
> RadSafe.
>
> --- Khalid Aleissa wrote:
>
> > My comment is not to the text body of the massage
> > but to the subject of it.
> > I do not see any relation to this with the
> > objectives of radsafe.
> >
> > I ask kindly radsafe admin to make another list
> > called radsafe-tec. This new
> > list has to be really for technical issues related
> > to radiation safety
> > (possible, add to that health physics and
> > radiobiology).
> >
> > Let's make a vote for this proposal!
> >
> > Regards.

On Oct. 5, 1947, in the first televised White House address, President Truman asked Americans to refrain from eating meat on Tuesdays and poultry on Thursdays to help stockpile grain for starving people in Europe.

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist
e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com