[ RadSafe ] Stopping "Al Queda in Iraq" Shields the USA from Radiation Attack

howard long hflong at pacbell.net
Tue Nov 8 11:03:34 CST 2005

1. "Radiation safety" in the USA in the next 10 years is likely to include
protecting the public from a radioactive bomb attack.
This is the estimate of several commissions.
2. Others indicate Iraq and Iran as sources of fission bombs
for terrorist groups like Al Queda in Iraq that have declared intent to use them here.
3. Current competition between USA regulatory agencies for clean-up standards
(some to below background!) is likely to determine future employment of many
Radsafe participants.
4. "Does 10 rad acute (more over a year) increase or decrease likelihood of cancer?" and
"What is the likelihood of terrorists creating a preventable panic in the USA from radiation?"
become important debates for any thinking Radsafe participant.

Those who blindly follow orders of whichever agency has the most political clout
will not trouble themselves.

Howard Long

John Jacobus <crispy_bird at yahoo.com> wrote:
Khalid,
I might suggest the use of the delete key for subjects
that you might find inappropriate to RadSafe or are of
no interest. There are many postings that I will
delete when I open the message and see the substance
of the first paragraph.

I have read and posted on this list server many years.
Many of the topics and questions reappear again and
again. However, I have always found new things to
learn, even if the subject itself is not what I would
consider to be appropriate to the original purposes of
RadSafe.